I was interested in a cruise, and someone contacted me to come in for an interview.I did, filled out a basic questionaire, but skipped the personal info like birthdate and SSN and signed the form.

MISTAKE. I handed it in and specifically told the receptionist, Linda, that I didn't want any personal information nor the background/credit check unless I decided to join. I spent about 90 minutes with Tracy, who asked for ID, 2nd MISTAKE. I think she copied down my drivers license number.

I opted out of spending $8 grand to join and thought that was the end of it. 2 days later, they ran a credit check on me. I called, another receptionist wasn't sure, put me on hold, talked to someone, then came back and said I signed the form so it was legal, but a director would call me back. I still don't know how they ran a credit check without a SSN and possibly no birth date.

They never called back, ran a credit check for no legitimate reason. This is not ok. If you are thinking about using them. Do not sign the form, do not let them copy any information down from IDs.

They have to have some other nefarious reason to do the credit check -- are they selling the information?I wish I would have read these reviews first.

Reason of review: Improper Credit Check.

I didn't like: Running credit report when specifically said no.

Had an Experience with Great Expectations?

Comments