Indianapolis, Indiana

This service is a complete joke.

Ellie uses high pressure tactics to close the "deal" and establish membership. They provide NO kind of compatibility screening. Your profile is comprised of whatever information the customer wants entered. Ellie explained that they verify identity and do a credit check on people to *** out those with poor credit. It seems that the only benefit for doing a credit check is to make sure you are able to pay their financing fees for their service (and yes, it's set up as a high interest loan so they get their fee up front, and you are stuck even if they don't provide full services) with an airtight contract that strictly enforces a NO REFUND UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES policy (even if they fail to provide full services).

Customers aren't allowed access to the member's-only website until after a payment agreement is signed. The members-only website has outdated information (newsletter from February is still posted on the website, with no newsletters for March, April, or May 2016). There have been no "events" or activities for members scheduled since I have been a member. And there are not very many new members being added to their database.

Honestly, sites like Match.com, eHarmony, etc., collect more information in your profile than IS does, and some of them provide some level of screening, too (probably more than what IS does). PLUS, memberships on other dating sites are CHEAPER than what IS charges, and you aren't locked into a year's commitment!

DO NOT sign up with these folks. You will regret it, and waste your hard-earned money! This isn't just sour grapes, and I am not a malcontent. This service has a negative history, and there are additional reviews and complaints on the BBB website that indicate the same types of problems. I have also posted a similar review on yelp.com for public information. And by the way, the business has "disparaging clauses" in their contract, meaning that they can deny you services if you write negative things about them, and they prohibit you from discussing how much you paid for services, because they charge everyone a different fee, based on creditworthiness. My charge was $3,000 for one year's service. The contract does not allow any period of time to change your mind about signing up for the service and making a large financial commitment. Also, if you refuse to make payments, it negatively impacts your credit score.

Review about: Matchmaking Service.

I didn't like: High pressure sales tactics, Pulling hard credit to screen me.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Great Expectations?

Comments

KK

I have been dealing with just about the same experiences as this author.Once every couple of months they randomly shoot an email saying here are a couple people you may want to check out.

I have probably already done that on my own.

If they had inquired about me that would be different but these people are either new to the system.A LOT OF MONEY FOR A BASIC ONLINE dating service, pretending to be human match making.